Feb 19, 2020
- the types of information we collect through our Services and when you do business in our physical locations
- how we use and protect that information
- the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances
- the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices
- details regarding our use of third-party cookies and other tracking technologies
We also include specific disclosures for residents of California and Nevada.
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to non-Boyd Group websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Information you give us
Some of our Services include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes:
- Payment information and associated contact information when engaging in a transaction on our site.
- Appointment bookings and estimate requests you carry out through our site.
- Email address information when subscribing to our email newsletters.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- Information you submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- Information you provide when you participate in a contest or sweepstakes that we offer.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided. When you conduct business in person at one of our physical locations, we also will collect information that you provide to us when you complete a repair authorization and intake form onsite.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with the Services, we collect certain information about your use of our Services automatically. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use of our site (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. Boyd Group relies on partners to provide many features of our sites and Services using data about your use of Boyd Group and other sites.
Below is a list of these partners with links to more information about their use of your information and how to exercise your options regarding tracking.
How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services
Personalized Advertising and Social Media
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt-out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Services.
Please note, your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, we do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
If you enter one of our physical locations, we may collect images of you through security cameras that we have installed on our premises and information about wireless devices that you operate using the Wi-Fi service available in our stores.
How We Use and Protect Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services, including to take steps to enter into a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, and send service communications.
- To enable additional features on our Services and to provide you with personalized service.
- Create custom audiences on social media sites.
- To provide you with the best service and improve and grow our business, including by understanding our customer base and purchasing trends and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing.
- To understand how our Services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements.
- To deliver tailored advertising about our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
How We Secure the Information We Collect From or About You
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Your Information
- Service Providers: We engage the following types of vendors to perform functions on our behalf: payment processors; email marketers; content management companies; marketing and survey providers; website hosting companies; customer service providers; billing and collection providers; auditing and accounting firms; professional services consultants; providers of analytics services; security vendors; and IT vendors.
- Corporate Affiliates: We share data with other members of our group of companies.
- Entities as Required by Law: We may disclose information about you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such sharing is necessary to (a) enforce our Terms of Service; (b) comply with applicable law or legal process; (c) protect and defend our rights or property, the Services, or our users; or (d) act to protect the personal safety of our employees and agents, other users of the Services, or members of the public.
Additional Information about our Data Collection and Sharing Practices
Sharing of Aggregated or De-Identified Data
We may share aggregated or de-identified data at our discretion, including with marketing agencies, media agencies, and analytics providers. These other companies will not be able to relate this data to identifiable individuals.
Combination of Information
We may combine information from the Services together and with other information, we obtain from our business records.
Data Collected From You About Others
If you decide to refer others to our Services, we will collect your and those persons’ names, email addresses, and/or phone numbers in order to contact them. You agree that you will obtain the other person’s consent to this before giving us their contact information. You also agree that you will not send us the contact information of a minor. We will inform any other person you invite that you gave us his or her information in the invitation email.
Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization
We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Cross-border Transfer of Data
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data, where permitted by law.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Please note that opting out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from other companies that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, however, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Your California Privacy Rights
Persons with disabilities may obtain this notice in alternative format upon request by contacting us at email@example.com or calling 1-888-408-1115.
California Shine the Light
Residents of the State of California have the right to request information from Boyd Group regarding other companies to whom the company has disclosed certain categories of information during the preceding year for those companies’ direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose information about consumers to third parties for such purposes.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” as “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or is covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Right to Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used. The categories we use to describe the Personal Information we collect are those enumerated in the CCPA.
- Personal Identifiers:
- We collect your name, phone number, and email address and contact address when you complete a transaction. We use this information to provide the Services, respond to your requests, enter you into promotions or sign you up for special events, and send information and advertisements to you.
- We collect your social media handle and basic account information when you interact with our Services through social media.
- We collect a unique numerical identifier, assigned to you by a first-party cookie, automatically when you use our Services in order to identify you, provide the Services, keep you logged in to the Services, prevent fraud, and provide you with targeted information and offers.
- We collect payment information when you provide it to us. This may include your credit card number when you complete a transaction. We use this information to streamline and facilitate payments and transactions.
- We do not collect your Social Security number, Driver’s License number, or passport number.
- We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to identify you, gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- We do not collect your Device ID automatically when you use our Services.
- Protected Classifications: We collect information about your gender and racial or ethnic origin when you apply for a job with us. We do not collect information about your sexual orientation, religion, or other protected classification.
- Commercial Information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our Services and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
- Biometric Information: We do not collect information about your physiological, biological, or behavioral characteristics.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We collect information about your interactions with websites, applications, and advertisements automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to gauge online activity on our website; measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools; and serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities. We do not collect information about your browsing history or and search history automatically when you use our Services. If you use our Wi-Fi service when visiting our physical locations, we may collect information about the device you use to access that service.
- Geolocation Data: As described above, we collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We may be able to determine your general location based on the IP address. We do not collect your precise location (e.g., your GPS coordinates).
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: When you visit our physical stores, we may collect images of you through security cameras installed onsite. We do not otherwise collect your image or any thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information: We collect information about your current employer or your employment history if you submit such information when applying for a job with us.
- Education information: We collect information about the institutions you have attended or the level of education you have attained if you submit such information when applying for a job with us.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We may analyze your actual or likely preferences through a series of computer processes. On some occasions, we add our observations to your internal profile. We use this information to gauge and develop our marketing activities, measure the appeal and effectiveness of our Services, applications, and tools, and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
We also “sell” some Personal Information to third parties, as that term is used in the CCPA and as described below. To opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information, visit our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” page.
Right to Know/Access Information
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that Personal Information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise your rights to know/access or delete your Personal Information through one of two means:
- By filling out a Consumer Data Request Form available here: https://www.gerbercollision.com/consumer-data-request
- By calling us at 1-888-408-1115.
In order to process your request to know/access or delete Personal Information, we must verify your identity. We do this by:
- Asking you to
- provide personal identifiers that we can match against information we may have collected from you previously; and
- confirm your request using the email account or telephone number stated in the request.
If your request relates to particularly sensitive information, we may require additional information from you, such as a signed declaration.
You may authorize another individual or business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We require that you and the individual complete notarized affidavits in order to verify the identity of the authorized agent and confirm that you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf. Parents of minor children may submit a birth certificate for the child in lieu of an affidavit, in order to make requests on the child’s behalf. Please see our required affidavits on the following webpage: https://www.gerbercollision.com/ccpa.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information to Third Parties
You have the right to opt-out of any sale of your Personal Information by Boyd Group to third parties.
The CCPA defines the “sale” of Personal Information as a disclosure of such information to a third party for monetary or other benefits. A company may be considered a third party either because it does not use the Personal Information it receives from us for a business purpose, as that term is defined under California law, or because our contract does not prohibit it from using the Personal Information for its own purposes.
We sell the following Personal Information:
- Personal Identifiers:
- We provide your contact information and your IP address to our advertising partners and Corporate Affiliates.
To exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information, please visit our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” (https://www.gerbercollision.com/do-not-sell-my-personal-info/) webpage or call us at 1-888-408-1115.
Please note that your right to opt-out does not apply to our sharing of Personal Information with service providers, who are parties we engage to perform a function on our behalf and are contractually obligated to use the Personal Information only for that function.
Special Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. Unlike under the CCPA, a “sale” of personal information under Nevada law is a disclosure of personal information in exchange for monetary compensation. At this time, Boyd Group does not engage in such sales. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data-sharing practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes here, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
The Boyd Group (U.S.) Inc. ATTEN: Privacy Officer
400 West Grand Avenue, Elmhurst, IL 60126
Valuable savings and special offers on our repair services. Take advantage of these offers exclusively available at Gerber Collision & Glass.
We proudly stand behind our repair work for as long as you own your vehicle. Learn more about our Lifetime Guarantee.