Auto Body Trainee
Requisition ID: 2019-9098
Category: Collision Center Production
Technician Development Program
If you are interested in applying for this tremendous training opportunity, we ask that you complete our on-line assessments first. The assessments will launch at the end of the application.
Are you looking for a lifelong career in an industry that continues to grow? Have you always been good with your hands and have a knack for fixing things? Do you want to earn a comfortable income doing something you genuinely enjoy?
Gerber Collision & Glass is seeking a Metal Technician Trainee for our Technician Development Program. This is a unique experience where we will personally match you with a Mentor that best meets your learning style. During this 18 month journey, you will develop your bodywork skills and continue to challenge yourself to reach the next level. The training will prepare you to be a stand alone technician upon completion of the program.
- Complete set of tools with box valued at $6,000
- Full time employment including benefits
- Hands-on training, coaching and development
- Daily instruction that will prepare you for a career in the collision industry
- Mentors that care about you succeeding as much as you do
- Structured curriculum that outlines each phase of your training
Trainee is responsible for completing the majority of vehicle body repairs as listed on the repair order under the supervision of a Mentor Metal Technician.
- Disassemble vehicles
- Refit new parts such as: bumpers, fenders, grills, moldings, and other bolt-on items
- Assist mentor with all areas of the repair process
- Complete all repairs in a manner such that the repaired areas are restored to the original manufacturer’s specifications, including door, hood and deck alignments, chassis and frame measurements, and welded on unibody parts
- Assist the Mentor Metal Technician in checking all parts for accuracy before starting the repair and notify the parts manager of any incorrect parts or other discrepancies
- Maintain high levels of quality control
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, training certification and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time in repair of a vehicle
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Requires clear close vision
- Must be able to use hands efficiently in handling vehicle parts
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Should be able to read and understand a work order
- High School Diploma / GED preferred
- Trade / Vocational school graduate preferred
- I-CAR Gold Class preferred
- Previous experience in a similar capacity is preferred but not required
Valuable savings and special offers on our repair services. Take advantage of these offers exclusively available at Gerber Collision & Glass.
We proudly stand behind our repair work for as long as you own your vehicle. Learn more about our Lifetime Guarantee.