IT Project Manager
Requisition ID: 2020-12200
Category: Information Technology
Are you looking to start a career and not just another job? Then Gerber Collision & Glass is the employer for you! Gerber is North America’s largest auto body multi-shop organization and has provides our employees with opportunities to grow. We offer ICAR training to our technical staff to keep them on the cutting edge of new technology and advances the industry has made. Our management team is dedicated to providing all our employees the tools and opportunities to be successful. If you’re motivated to be the best then Gerber is the place to make that happen. We offer a fast paced, customer focused atmosphere where our employees are valued for their contributions to our success. Please visit our website for more information about what makes Gerber the industry leader in auto body repair.
The Manager, IT Projects will be responsible for engaging with IT vendors, internal IT team, operations and functional stakeholders to proactively identify opportunities, gather requirements, evaluate business cases, develop project documentation, ensure conformance to PMO standards, manage project execution, track & communicate project status, etc.
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Waterfall and/or Agile Project Management
- Oversee successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of projects
- Facilitate recurring and ad hoc meetings within development lifecycle
- Support the Product Managers in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Guide Product Managers and development team on effective backlog management and help create backlog items when needed
- Teach teams how to estimate and ensure backlog items are estimated prior to Sprint Planning
- Define test cases and assist with manual testing duties (regression and sprint-level)
- Help teams triage, investigate and resolve defects
- Identify and remove impediments and interruptions to team productivity
- Identify metrics and develop dashboards that provide real-time transparency into the status of sprints and projects
- Assist IT team with project planning, score-carding, tracking, change management, communication & lesson learnt sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related disciplines
- 7+ years of work experience as a IT Project Manager
- 5+ years of experience leading projects in the Back-office (HR, Accounting, etc.) or ERP applications space
- Prior experience with Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Greenhopper, Rally, or equivalent
- Proven track record for successful delivery of projects and working cross-functionally with business and IT
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) processes
- Customer relationship focused, process driven, metric focused, results oriented, organized, self-directed
- Ability to influence and build relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be flexible to travel within US & Canada, if needed
Valuable savings and special offers on our repair services. Take advantage of these offers exclusively available at Gerber Collision & Glass.
We proudly stand behind our repair work for as long as you own your vehicle. Learn more about our Lifetime Guarantee.