Customer Service Manager
Requisition ID: 2020-10645
Category: Collision Center Production
STATE OF THE ART FACILITIES * ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES * GREAT EARNINGS AND BENEFITS
The Customer Service Manager works closely with our Estimator to learn how to effectively diagnose and prepare all estimates for repair in an accurate, thorough, and profitable manner according to insurance partner and company guidelines. Additionally, the Customer Service Manager is responsible for communicating the value Gerber provides, resulting in a high closed sales ratio.
- Greet each customer in a cheerful, positive manner to make him or her feel comfortable and welcome.
- Maintain an appropriate dress code that characterizes professionalism and trust.
- Insure a clear understanding of service/value that Gerber provides.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers and insurance partners.
- Assist customers with insurance questions and the filing of Insurance Damage Reports if necessary.
- Survey damage on vehicles to create an estimate of repair; coordinate tear-down of vehicle as needed with Production Manager.
- Complete estimates in a timely manner.
- Insure estimates are written to ensure adequate Company profits and quality repair.
- Emphasize the values of Gerber Auto Collision & Glass in the selling our service.
- Educate each customer about the repair invoiced in getting their vehicle repaired (including insurance procedures, alternative parts utilization, repair techniques, safety, value, etc. using flowchart).
- Follow up with customers about additional/supplemental damage card and possible extended repair time when necessary.
- Follow up on unsold estimates on a daily basis. (24 to 48 hours after any unsold estimate is written.)
- Follow up on all missed estimate appointments within one hour of the missed appointment.
- Review all prior damage noted (and document) and attempt to sell repair of same.
- Review the Gerber Lifetime guarantee.
- Review the insurance company guarantee.
- Verify who/how payment is to be made and document in communication notes.
- For towed in and valeted vehicles, the customer must be contacted by phone and all of the above items covered within 2 hours of vehicle arrival. Copies of all documents must be mailed or faxed to the vehicle owner.
- Insure that the likelihood of a supplement is minimized.
- Insure that alternative parts are used as appropriate or per insurance guidelines (attempts to source parts must be documented in estimating system & repair package).
- Insure that option of repair is used vs. replacement as appropriate to minimize repair cost while maintaining quality of repair when possible.
- Document days to repair in appropriate section of estimate & enterprise(use Gerber guidelines).
- Enter scheduled-in date into appropriate section of estimating system as required by insurance company.
- Note all prior damage and review with vehicle owner. Obtain signature upon check in.
- Import all estimates into Enterprise (sold or unsold).
- Enter a communication note in the "Production Grid Comment" section with any information needed by production to satisfy the customer. Also note on glass at time of check-in.
- Include the paint and trim codes in Enterprise for 100% of the vehicles.
- Create a repair order and schedule the vehicle for repairs.
- Communicate the promised completion date.
- Add any pertinent notes to repair order as to "sold/unsold" estimates, special notes, etc. Check vehicles into Enterprise. Provide the file to the General Manager
- Develop a follow-up system for all estimates not captured and for all completed jobs. (24 to 48 hour follow up.)
- Verify that all signatures, work authorizations, powers of attorney, and pre-inspection checklists have been obtained prior to initiating the repairs.
- Collect all documentation required for the repair once the job has been sold.
- Authorization to repair (signed)
- Power of Attorney
- Collect and/or rectify funds (who will pay), and document in Enterprise.
- Newly arrived vehicles must be checked in Enterprise Solutions within one-hour of the time the vehicle is dropped off.
- Scheduled delivery date and promised completion date must be confirmed/entered into Enterprise Solutions.
- Enter repair start date into estimating system as required by insurance company.
- Provide file to General Manager immediately after check-in so that labor splits can be done and job can be assigned to a production team.
- Document any discussion with vehicle owner during check-in in Enterprise Solutions.
- Windshield, or most visible glass, must be marked upon check-in with RO#, check-in date and time, insurance company, DRP or Non-DRD, special instructions for repair.
- Interface with COD customers for any supplements identified by the production team.
- Follow up with Technicians after vehicle tear down and make necessary adjustments to estimate if needed.
- Inspect all incoming vehicles for unrelated damage, odometer reading, etc.
DEVELOPMENT OF OUTSIDE PARTNERSHIPS
- Assist Insurance Adjusters to create a Damage Report
- Handle add orders with insurance vendors: both DRPs and Non-DRPs. Estimator should assist.
- Provide service to Insurance Claim Re-inspectors or claims adjusters. Estimator should assist.
- Maintain a good rapport with all employees of Gerber.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Take responsibility in your area of employment with Gerber for reporting, making recommendations and correcting situations adverse to the Company’s best interest.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, training certification and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be computer literate. Knowledge of Microsoft products is preferred.
- Must be able to use computer screen and keyboard for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, stand, stoop, kneel or crouch in providing an accurate estimate of a vehicles damage.
- Must possess clear vision in providing an accurate estimate of a vehicles damage.
- Should possess good decision making ability and sound judgment.
- Must be able to speak/understand the English language fluently.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must possess a strong desire to learn and have an interest in the automotive industry.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 4-6 years related work experience is preferred.
- Prior customer service experience is a requirement.
- Photo-imaging software experience preferred.
- Must currently possess or successfully complete 16 I-CAR units within the first 12 months of employment
Valuable savings and special offers on our repair services. Take advantage of these offers exclusively available at Gerber Collision & Glass.
We proudly stand behind our repair work for as long as you own your vehicle. Learn more about our Lifetime Guarantee.